
Forensics teams are working at the scene, a detective said
A member of the public made the tragic discovery of the “skeletal remains” of a person inside a tent in Hull last night, police said. There is currently a scene guard in Melwood Grove, off Beverley Road, where the remains were found.
Humberside Police said they are thought to be of one person. Forensic teams are working to establish what happened.
There will be an increased police presence in the area. The investigation is expected to continue over the weekend and into next week.
A spokesperson for Humberside Police said: “A scene guard is currently in place following the discovery of what appears to be human skeletal remains on Melwood Grove in Hull yesterday evening (Thursday, 11 December 2025).
“At around 8.15pm, we received a call from a member of the public who reported they found what are thought to be human remains in a tent down an alley near Melwood Grove in Hull.”
Detective Chief Inspector Ben Robinson leading the investigation said: “I understand a report of this nature will likely cause concern amongst the community; however, I would like to offer my reassurance that I have a dedicated team of specialist forensic officers carrying out lines of enquiry to establish the circumstances surrounding the discovery.
“Whilst the investigation is in the early stages, following enquiries carried out so far, I can confirm that the remains found are believed to be of one person.
“As our investigation progresses over the weekend and into next week, residents can expect to see an increased police presence in the area. I would encourage anyone with any concerns to please come and speak to us.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have any information that may assist with our enquiries to please contact us on our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 453 of 11 December.
“You can also report information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”


